While studying at school or university, you’ll definitely be assigned to complete one of the four main types of essay. Most students usually face certain difficulties when it comes to these academic papers. The main reason of this is that they have no imagination how to do it properly. It would be good for you to read this article in order to be more confident in your essay writing skills.
4 Main Types of Essay Writing Styles
Frankly speaking, an essay written in one specific style is some sort of creativity that has no strict instructional guidelines. Nevertheless, for our academic writing purposes we should focus on the following 4 types of essay:
1. Narrative Essay. Tells the Story
This type of essay gives you an incredible opportunity to use your creativity to the full extent. You are able to come up with your own plot, characters, setting, ideas, etc. Mostly a narrative is a story developed from one prominent event or even series of events. Your main aim here is to teach your reader something. The characters of your narrative essay are usually involved in the conflict and the story tells how this conflict is resolved.
Tips for Writing a Good Narrative Essay
- Create a story with a specific purpose
- Write a Narrative Essay in the first person (the third person is also allowed)
- Provide some popular quotes
- Use a figurative language
- Complete the paper in 3 paragraphs (sometimes it may be written in the size of a book)
- Make your paper alive by adding dialogue between characters
2. Descriptive Essay. Puts a Picture in Your Head
The imagination is only one powerful thing that really helps you write the descriptive essay. The main purpose of the writer is to accurately portray the picture, which arises in his/her head. With the help of 5 our senses of touch, smell, sight, taste, and sound, you will be able to choose words, details, and images that give your reader the most realistic visualization. Your story should be focused on creating a single dominant impression of a person, idea, feeling, place, and event. You may meet this type of paper in a college admission application when you are required to describe yourself. If you learn how to sell something just by using a vivid language, then you can easily cope with a descriptive essay.
Tips for Writing a Good Descriptive Essay
- Be as creative as possible
- Show your descriptive skills
- Tell the story in first, second or third person (you may choose yourself)
- Write it in three or five paragraphs
- Use your 5 senses to provide details
- Be able to define some idea or object in a creative way
3. Expository essay. Explains something
While writing an expository essay, you have to research the topic using examples, facts, and statistics. This type of academic papers can be accomplished in several ways: contrasting and comparing, analyzing and defining a term. Your main purpose here is to make information as accessible and understandable to the audience as possible. Expository writers often define unfamiliar or technical terms comparing them with something more familiar to the reader. The writer’s personal points of view and value judgments are usually not part of this type of paper.
Tips for writing a Good Expository Essay
- Present the facts
- Tell the story in the third person only
- Use five paragraph-structure
- Don’t forget to provide your thesis statement in the Intro (it’s one brief sentence that introduces the main idea of the story)
- Each paragraph should cover the point that relates to the thesis
4. Persuasive Essay. Makes the audience agree
Here your personal opinion and argument are very important. You have to present your viewpoint and try to convince the audience. Writers must be able to introduce themselves as an authentic and credible source of information considering the reader’s interest. Persuasion usually combines emotional and logical appeals designed to win over a specific audience.
Tips for writing a Good Persuasive Essay
- Introduce it in the debate format
- Tell it in the first or third person
- Write text in four or five paragraph structure
- Look for relevant sources to assert your argument
- Prepare solid evidence to support your viewpoints
- End with a strong conclusion
Need an Urgent Help With Your Essay Type?
If you need help or just seek someone to write essay for you, then work with www.apapers.net! Our team of professional writers is ready to help students with all college papers. We are interested in your academic success! Wherever you will face with writing essay, essaytyper review or something else, you can contact with our service in any time.